Tuesday, January 29, 2013

our missionaries are still growing!!!!



Jan 16

Family!

I just got my new companion, Sister Kaarma last night.  She's great.  Way better than I was when I began.  She can role play, I still struggle with that sometimes.  So last week I randomly found out that I'd be back in Kentlands to train.  First I was sad to leave Kentlands, but I knew I'd love White Oak again, but then they threw a curve ball and as soon as I had great ideas for White Oak they called and told me I'd go back to Kentlands.  It's been crazy!  My 2 week companions were the best though.  Also, I still get to go back for Michael's baptism.

Sister Kaarma is from Estonia.  She is a convert and she's great and fearless!  I'm going to learn so much from her.

The weather has felt like spring for the past couple weeks, but yesterday it turned to winter again.  It's rainy and cold.  Well, I love you all, Love, Sister Wankier


Jan 23

Family!

Kentlands is doing good.  Actually last week, getting back into things was kinda crazy, but yesterday we saw a lot of miracles.  We were able to contact a couple people for other missionaries to teach.  One guy saw us and asked us who we were with then told us that he wanted to learn more about the Mormons.  So that was a miracle.  Also, this recent convert who hasn't been to church since she was confirmed, we finally found her home and she let us in!  Every time we stopped by in the past she didn't answer, or her husband answered one time, but nothing.  So this was a huge miracle. 

Well, the last few days here has been SUPER cold.  Really cold.  Well, I love you all!
Love, Sister Wankier



Jan 22

Hi everybody.  Things are going good here.  I just got back from a zone conference.  It was a training put on by the assistants to the president and President Wirthlin.  It was really good.  It went from 9 in the morning till 3 in the afternoon, and it's an hour and a half drive.  So we had to get up at 5:30.

We were walking around one day and met this guy who started talking about how he saw an angel.  Then he started saying how you can't understand religion without understanding magic.  Then, I don't know how we got talking about this, but he talked about how he was in his garage one day and a dead baby pack rat formed right between his legs.  Then one formed right in the air and fell on the ground.  Then he just kept going back to saying that you can't understand religion without understanding magic.  So we didn't really get where he was coming from.  He also said that he was in a psyche ward.  Interesting!

Well, that's all the time I have.  Love, Philip


Jan 28

Hi everybody.  My week went pretty good.  This Sunday we had two investigators come to church.  We would have had 3, but she was sick.  It was still pretty cool though.  That was the first time that one of them came.  She doesn't like going places, so that was awesome that she came!  She has a son and he is pretty wild so I sat with him and drew pictures and played tic tac toe with him the whole time.  I didn't get anything out of sacrament meeting, but I guess it's just getting me used to when I have kids.  We haven't gotten that much snow, but it's snowing right now, and I don't think that it's going to let up anytime soon.  There is not very much snow right now, but I'm sure that there will be.

You asked what I'm learning on my mission -  I'm learning why the gospel is important.  I don't think it even occurred to me before.  But since I have been here, I have realized that we are only on earth for a small moment, and everything that happens after this life depends on how we live in this short one.  A lot of the time I take that a lot more lightly than I should.  So I'm learning how to take the gospel more serious. 

Good bye for this week.  Love, Philip

*still hoping for pictures from Philip!

No comments:

Post a Comment