Thursday, May 31, 2012

story time!!!!

Hi family!

It's been a good week doing the good old missionary work!  Let me tell you a story.  Once upon a time I was at the visitors center.  I wasn't particularly in a good mood and it's not that I was in a bad mood, nothing bad had happened, I just wasn't in a good mood.  So I sat on the benches in the visitors center waiting for people to come in, talking to the sisters next to me just kinda going through the motions.  As the night progressed and as I talked with people, my mind was taken off my not so great mood.  I talked to some kids because kids aren't as scary as adults.  My mood was becoming progressively better as I thought of those around me.  Then, because Heavenly Father loves me so stinking much He sent in a group of youth from Utah that had just graduated high school and were on a church history tour.  We listened to the Christus and after extending the invitation to give a message of love for one of their friends (write a note to their non-member friend and we call them, give them the message, then invite them to learn more) hands started coming up.  They were so pumped to do missionary work, it was awesome!  Then, if that wasn't enough, I met a family who is from Roosevelt Ut, and they know Amanda Price!  The Lord loves each of us individually.  I know He does and that he looks over us and blesses us.  The End.  Anyway, that was just a little tender mercy for me.

The DC 2nd ward is awesome!  We went to FHE on Monday because we had a potential investigator coming (James is his name, he is awesome, we're meeting with him on Friday.  I'll tell you more about him later).  There were at least members that brought their non-member friends. (writers note:  I think she left out how many members brought friends!  oh well!)  This ward loves missionary work and I love it.  It gets me excited!!

Love, Sister Wankier

No comments:

Post a Comment