Thursday, November 1, 2012

all is well!!!

Family!
Okay, so the storm...... was super lame!  Everybody was making this big deal about it and buying up all the water.  On Monday we could only go out for Zone Training and if we had appointments.  It rained and the wind blew and no trees came down, no roofs blew off, nothing!  At least in Kentlands it didn't.  But I hear New York got it pretty bad, so I'm waiting for a report from Philip, that'll be good and fun.

Today was our Halloween party..  Sister Welch and I were witches.  It was pretty good.  The Visitor Center has been closed since Monday.  They've been really good at working around us and just being in the back, but the exhibits have now been delivered and they've needed a few days to put them all in.  So, hopefully it will be back up and running on Friday.  We'll be excited when it's all finished.

It's so true about sharing your testimony.  I've gotten so frustrated at times because I have to be reminded over and over again of my testimony, different parts each time.  I think to myself, can't I just get a testimony and be good?  Nope, it constantly has to be shared and strengthened and built and reminded.  No wonder the word "remember" is in the scriptures so much.  So I've decided to make a section in my study journal of the Book of Mormon stories and how they apply to different principles of the gospel.  I feel like I'm always brainstorming with my companion what stories would be good for our investigators, so this will make it easier.  It's so cool to study this way too, I learn so much and it's all right there in 1 Nephi.  No wonder it's at the beginning of the Book of Mormon.  It's the best!  Well, love you all!!  Happy Halloween!
Love, Sister Wankier

No comments:

Post a Comment