Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hailey's been gone 1 week!!

I'm trying my hand at blogging.  We will see how fast I can either get it or give up!  I'm beginning this blog as an update place for Hailey while she is on her mission.  She is in the MTC waiting to go to the Washington DC North Mission.  She will be leaving the MTC at the end of the month.  We'll see how this evolves as we go!  We have gotten 1 letter and 1 email from Hailey.  I'm hoping for pictures soon.  Here are some bits and pieces of her letters:

Dear Family,

Well, day two started out very well.  I fell down the stairs.  It was a great fall too.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting a buise on my ankle.  One of the sisters I room with told me it was very graceful.  Oh but it was funny!  I wish I could've seen myself!  My companion is from Japan.  Her name is Sister Sakurazawa.  She speaks great English.  She is super sweet and has an amazing testimony.  I'm still getting used to everything here.  It's a ton of studying, but honestly it's really good here.  Well I don't have tons of time.  We're super busy.  But the church is true!  Book of Mormon is true!  Heavenly Father answers prayers.  I love the Lord and I know Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and knows us individually.  Be good and stay happy!  Love, Sister Wankier

Family,
The MTC is really hard the first few days.  Saturday was overshelming and somewhat frustrating.  Everyone told me that once you make it to Sunday it's good.  They were right so far.  Sunday was FANTASTIC!  I felt super relaxed even though we were still busy.  I didn't have to worry about roll play teaching.  I was finally able to get used to things and receive revelation.
I am slowly learning to teach.  I think the most difficult part is teaching simply and not talking all the time, getting the investigator talking more.  But the more I practice the easier it gets.  My district is really great.  We get along pretty well.  The Elders showed me how to take star wars pictures, so my companion and I have a picture of us fighting with light sabers.  It's pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.  4 of the sisters I room with are going to the Temple Square mission, 2 of them were excited to get called there, 2 weren't, but they're all glad now.  They are way great!
Okay, I see a new person I know everyday it feels like.  There is Kait and Rachel from EFY, randomly I saw a guy I went to high school with yesterday, Treker Burt.  I also saw a girl I went to high school with a couple days ago.  When I first got to the MTC, Kait and Rachel saw me and ran up to me and gave me a huge hug.  It was fantastic!
I love you all!  I even love anyone who is getting this email forwarded to them, you're all a great support in my life and I love you tons!
Love, Hailey

No comments:

Post a Comment