Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Joy of Missionary Work!

This is my beautiful niece Anika!  She just returned from the Mesa Arizona Mission.  Incidentally, she returned the same day Hailey left for her mission!  Anika began her talk in church by saying "I LOVE being a missionary!"  I know that just about everyone who has served a mission feels that way, but as she said it, the power of those words really hit me.  The gospel is so amazing, shouldn't we all feel that way?  We should all be so excited to share the message of the gospel whether we are set apart as full time missionaries or not.


Hailey didn't have a lot to say this week.  She must be staying pretty busy!  Here is her update:

Hey family!!!
On Tuesday Elder Nelson came and spoke to us about the scattering and gathering of Israel.  It was really good!  He didn't want to focus on teaching the gospel, just the doctrine.  It was good!  Well, I'm half way through the MTC.  I'm excited to get out there.  I for sure leave on the 31st.  That is my date of departure.  This past week we've just been roll playing and in class a ton.  Tuesdays are my pday till I leave the MTC.  We get to go to the temple every Tuesday and there is a devotional at night, so that's always super good!  All my roommates are going to Temple Square except my companion who is going to Nebraska.  There are other sisters going to my mission though.  I know of two I think.
Dad, thanks for the aggie update.  It's good to hear from the outside world.  I told my companion about aggie basketball games.  I told her she should definately go to one in her lifetime if she gets a chance.  Since she lives in Japan I don't know if she will though.
Everything is going good.  Tell everyone hi when you see them.
Love you family!
Love, Sister Wankier

No comments:

Post a Comment