Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Updates on our Sister Missionary!!!

bits and pieces of recent letters:

"My district has a goal to not use casual words like 'guys', 'hate', 'shut-up', etc.... and if we use them we get a mark by our name.  Whoever has the most marks by the end of the week has to give the lesson on Sunday.  Guess what?  I won!  Well, actually, I kinda lost.  I have the most marks.  I have a hard time with the 'g' word and the 'h' word.  I guess I'll be giving the lesson.  Oh well!"

"The longer I'm at the MTC the better it is.  I think it's because I'm getting used to the schedule and long hours.  I'm also getting used to teaching and understanding how to do it better.  I've learned that it is 100% relying on the Spirit.  I need to study, know the lessons & scriptures, but when I go to a lesson it's teaching to the person's needs, not a lesson. 

"Honestly, though, the MTC is kinda like prison, except you feel the Spirit and it's more fun.  But each building to get into you have to swipe your card and there's a fence surrounding us and the sidewalks are covered overhead so we don't see the sky.  After getting through the first bit and getting used to everything, it's not bad at all though.  It's good."

"It has snowed a little bit here and every time it does I remember Logan and miss it.  But yes, I do run out in it and make snowballs and if there were enough snow I'd make a snowman!  We have gym time almost every day.  I've been running some days, playing volleyball, playing four square, and I played basketball one day.  It's super fun.  It always feels good to be in normal clothes.  So I leave on the 31st at 12:30 am.  Which means I leave the MTC on the 30th and fly through the middle of the night.  That'll be super fun!  We had our last class yesterday and the elders in my district leave tomorrow.  On Wednesday we're taking a field trip to temple square so I'm excited for that.  The rest of the week is just visitor center training.  Last week I was a new missionary host.  I got to take around a sister that was in my institute class in Logan.  That was really good.  Also, my friend Kevin Butler just got here last week, and randomly a sister saw me and I guess I know her and she looks familiar, but I have no idea who she is!  She definately knew who I was, so I pretended to know who she was.  Every Tuesday we have devotionals, which are all fantastic, but apparently someone from the first presidency is coming next Tuesday and I will miss it.  Lame!  Thanks for your letters and support! Love, Sister Wankier"

No comments:

Post a Comment