Friday, February 10, 2012

She's Livin' the Life!


Evidence!  She really did get off the plane in DC! (I assume!)




Isn't that a great picture?  All the new arrivals!  If you use your imagination you can see the temple in the background!  There is an Elder from Centerville, one from St. George, and one from Sandy.  I'd like to hear if anyone knows any of them!





The one Sister that flew out with her.  She is from France!





They line them up then assign each one their trainer.





Hailey is, of course, assigned Sister Gordon.  Do you recognize her Chelsea?


Experiences from her first week there!

Family!
Everything is great here.  We have visitor center shifts, so no matter what area I'm serving in I have a visitor center shift.  I've been there four times already and it's doing good.  I have tracted a little bit.  There was a lady we went to check on the other night and when we found out the address was non existant, we decided to knock on the first door with a light on.  The lady that opened the door was nice, but she was on the phone with her son long distance, so she was kind of hurrying us along.  As we walked down her driveway she called us back and asked us if we were Christian and when and where our church was.  She wanted to come to church on Sunday, so hopefully she comes.  It's been really good doing the work.  The visitor center is good, but super slow right now.  Last night we had two tours, and no one that I know of just wandered in.  When summer comes more people will come.  We do have a car and we drive everywhere.  The sisters we room with are in a bike area, so they get the close stuff and we get outside of that.  But they even have a car to get to the visitor center.

The longer I'm here the more I realize how much I need to learn and grow, but it's good, I like learning and growing!  Well, family you're great!  I love you!  Love, Sister Wankier

1 comment: