Friday, February 3, 2012

She Made It!!!!!

Hailey arrived in DC safe and sound!  After a couple failed attempts (on our end!) of calling us from the mission home she emailed us and told us how wonderful it was to be there!  Some of the highlights of her letter:

"When I got off the plane, President and Sister Matsumori, along with the assistants were waiting to greet the ten of us.  The Matsumoris are amazing!  I can't even describe them to you, just amazing!  The are super spiritual, super nice, super personable, super down to earth, super Christlike, super great.  They first took us to the temple where we had time - the last time until we're off our missions, to be alone and make commitments with the Lord about our missions.  We then ate at ihop, which was fantastic, but not quite as fantastic as our nap we had at the mission home afterwards.  We had the day to talk about the mission, eat dinner, meet with Pres. Matsumori, and play ping pong around the world.  Sister Matsumori even played a couple rounds with us.



Today I met my companion, it's Sister Gordon.  She is leaving soon and all I hear about her is how amazing she is.  On Sunday she had 9 investigators at church.  I'd have to agree with everyone, she's awesome!  Okay, but first of all I find out where she's from and guess where it is?  Mendon, Utah!  Pretty sure all the people I've met from Mendon I am automatically friends with and they are Awesome.  Yeah, also she went to USU.

Okay the weather here is super good.  Honestly it's not supposed to be this good.  I think they said it should've rained today and usually it's super cold.  Today and yesterday was seriously in the sixties.  We ate lunch outside. Also it's just great I'm here!  It's so beautiful here and all the houses are beautiful and it's not like Utah at all (I love Utah too, no worries, but picture Utah and know it's nothing like where I am then maybe you can understand a little better what it's like).

My area is Laural.  I haven't been there yet, but I hear it's great and I'm sure it is.  This mission covers everything in DC.  The only monument that's not in my area is Arlington, but we do get to go there once before we leave.  I'll be in the Visitors Center three maybe four times a week for a six hour shift.  Pres. Masumori asked me to get my flute out here so I can play.
Love you all so much!!
Sister Wankier"

Do you think she's excited?!

She mentioned in another letter that the MTC was more difficult than she had imagined, but she expects that the mission field will be too.  I think she's up to the challenge!

Pictures have arrived.  Unfortunately, no names or stories with them.

















This is a lot of the pictures, but I put all of them that she sent in her facebook pictures if you want to look.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I just love reading these and seeing the fun pictures. I sure do miss her as a roommate, but it looks and sounds like she is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarissa, you're awesome! Thanks! I'm glad to know people are reading it and it's worth doing! Thanks for being such a great friend to Hailey! You guys all impress me so much! You are amazing people!

      Delete