Friday, March 30, 2012

march 22, 2012

Family!
You all sound so well and it's so good to hear from you all!  Here in DC it is beautiful spring weather.  It feels so good!  Today we went to the city fot the cherry blossoms and it was so much fun!  It is beautiful and everything smells so good and we got great pictures.  It was an overcast day so it wasn't too hot and not cold at all.  This summer is going to be super warm and humid, but it's okay,  I'll just have to get summer clothes from the thrift stores.  Thrift stores are the place to shop out here - all the sisters are in love with them.

I love my two companions.  We all get along great.  I've had to fill them in on everything.  I was the only one who knew the area and the investigators so I had to fill them all in, but luckily Sister Gordon taught me well.

On Tuesday there was a "night of music and inspiration" at the visitor center.  I played the flute with other sisters playing the cello, viola, and piano.  We played 'Where can I turn for peace".  It went really well.  We have an awesome member, who brought one of our investiagtors and a few of our recent converts.

We had an investigator and her kids come to church on Sunday.  Cadie brought her 8 year old, Yvonne, and her two younger sons.  They are such a cute family and the two year old boy hugged the bishop, super cute!  It was probably because he wanted candy from the bishop, but it was cute anyway.   Yvonne made friends and asked to come again next week.  They are awesome!  Well, I hope all is well and everyone is happy and love life.  I love you all!  Love, Sister Wankier

(I will post pictures and hopefully a video of her playing as soon as I get them)

No comments:

Post a Comment