Friday, March 9, 2012

This week's letter!

Hello family!
Lexi Bracken to France?!  That is awesome!  I love that girl!

I'm not at the visitor center every day.  Lately I've only been there once or twice a week, but starting next transfers it should start to get busy again so I'll be there probably three times a week.  Transfers are next week I'm pretty sure and they are every six weeks.  Because of the new training program they implemented not too long ago, the 12 week program, I'll stay in this same area with the same companion.  The 12 week program is where for the first 12 weeks we get an extra hour of companionship study with a special training book we use and we stay with the same companion for the whole 12 weeks.

We ate dinner with the Davis's.  They lived in the Brigham 8th ward I think.  They're super nice and way great!

Member work is the best.  Really it's not as weird or hard as we think.  It's just being non-member's friends.  In the ward here, it would be so helpful if they did visiting teaching.  When members don't do their visiting and home teaching is when members go less active and then the missionaries are trying to get them back.  But that is pointless if the members don't fellowship them back in.  Everyone needs a friend and missionary work can be as simple as being someone's friend.

I love hearing from all of you!  This week has been good.  We taught a lady named Cadie.  She's a single mom with a lot on her plate, always going and doing something.  We taught her the restoration.  As we taught it her 8 year old daughter came in and we invited her to listen.  This girl was super cute and asked tons of questions.  We taught her how to pray and she LOVES it.  She prayed three times - one I helped her with, the second one, she forgot to ask for help reading, and the third one she wanted her mom to stop crying.  It was awesome!  I love you all!  Love, Sister Wankier

No comments:

Post a Comment